Yesterday the temps here actually topped 60! I got out of work around noon and it just smelled like spring. I wanted desperately to throw the kids in the van and drive down to Nettles Island but that's not in the budget right now so we opted for a trip to the zoo instead. For the last few years my parents give James and Lilli a membership to Brookfield zoo for Christmas every year. I love that we can just go for a few hours and not feel guilty about not getting our money's worth. The warm weather brought out a lot of animals that we don't normally get to see, a cheetah, the 2 new lions, a tiger and a polar bear. James's favorite part of the zoo is the building with the fish and penguins in it. That building also has a wave that crashes down onto plexiglass while the kids stand underneath it. Lillian has never been fond of it (it is pretty loud!) but James gets the biggest kick out of it! Lillian just finished a unit of study on Penguins in school and when we got to the penguins the keepers were inside the exhibit feeding them! I think we could've stayed in there for an hour, the kids were so amazed by it!










1 comment:
How fun! I can't wait to take Matthew to the zoo this summer, he's going to love it! Have you seen Madagascar? I just laugh when I see penguins now :-) And I would kill to be at Nettles right now too!!
Post a Comment