Tuesday, October 14, 2008

MOPS convention

So it's taken me a while to get this on here, sorry! A week and a half ago I had the chance to attend my 3rd MOPS Int'l convention. We traveled to Dallas Texas with 11 members of our steering team. Here we are very very early on Thursday morning getting ready to head to the airport. Pastor Mensink was kind enough to lead us in prayer and drive us, and all our luggage!, to the airport.
We stayed at the Gaylord Texan resort which was absolutely amazing. Here's the lobby and the main atrium.




After we checked in on Thursday we had plenty of time to check out the MOPS resource fair and, more importantly!, sit by the pool for awhile. The pool was gorgeous, of course I have no pictures of it though!




Thursday, Friday and Saturday we attended a variety of both general sessions and smaller breakout sessions






Go Fish, feeling kinda Snazzy!




We also had plenty of time for eating out, shopping and just general rest and renewal

Heading to downtown Grapevine for dinner and shopping


Stuffed longhorn in our hotel



Beth and I got to meet and talk with Kim Hill who was our worship leader for the weekend.



Too funny not to share, they converted many of the men's restrooms temporarily to women's. I guess when you have a convention attended by 5,000+ women you need to do that!



Hanging out with 2 of my roomies, my co-coordinator Beth and our Finance/Moppets coordinator Sharon

On the plane headed home.

Pulling back into the church parking lot. Ready to get home and sleep....I mean see our hubbys and kids :)

No comments: